Suburban Motel
2808 Ontario St. East
Stratford, Ontario
N5A 6S5
GPS Coordinates
N 43*22.233'

GPS Address
2808 Line 34,
Perth East,
Ontario, Canada

Information for Travelers

Map & Directions

How to Get Here

From Michigan and Hwy. 402

    Cross into Canada at Port Huron/Sarnia and follow Hwy. 402 east to Interchange 65 at Strathroy. Follow Hwy. 81 north for three kilometres (two miles) to Country Road 19. Head north to Ailsa Craig, then follow Hwy. 7 east to Stratford.

From Chicago, Detroit and Hwy 401

    Cross into Canada at Detroit/Windsor and follow Hwy. 401 east to exit 222 (the next exit after Ingersoll), than follow Country Road 6 north to Stratford.

From Buffalo and the QEW

    Cross into Canada at Buffalo/Fort Erie. Follow the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) across Burlington Skyway to Exit 100. Take Hwy. 403 west to the Hwy.6 exit, and head north towards Guelph. Follow Hwy. 6 to Hwy. 401 at the village of Morriston. Proceed west on Hwy. 401, exiting at interchange 278 on to Hwy 8 west Kitchener. Follow Hwy. 8 west into Kitchener to Hwy. 7/8 west to Stratford.

From Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal

Follow Hwy. 401 west to interchange 278 at Kitchener. Follow Hwy. 8 west through Kitchener, then join Hwy. 7/8 west Stratford.

See the Ontario Ministry of Transport website for additional maps and highway information, including road conditions and highway closures due to construction.

U.S. Visitors to Canada

  • Be prepared to verify your CITIZENSHIP (place of birth) and IDENTITY (photo I.D.) with such documents as a Birth Certificate, Passport, Drivers Licence, NEXUS/FAST card, Naturalization Certificate, Visa or Green Card, Baptismal Certificate, Citizenship Card, Records of Landing, or Permanent Resident Card. Visas are not reqiuired.

  • If you are traveling with children, you should carry identification for each child. Divorced parents, who share custody, should carry copies of the legal custody documents.

  • Travelers under the age of 18 and unaccompanied by a parent need a letter of permission from a parent or guardian.

  • Effective January 23, 2007, all U.S. citizens traveling by air to and from Canada are required to have a valid passport to enter the United States.

For additional information on exceptions to the standard requirements as well as dutyfree limits, please refer to:

Driving in Ontario

  • Canadian road signs are in kilometres
  • 100 km/hr=60 m.p.h.
  • 50 km/hr=30 m.p.h.
  • Radar detectors are illegal in Ontario.
  • Seat belt use is mandatory in Ontario. 
  • Please bring either a passport or birth certificate for each member of your party, including children.  For more information about crossing into Canada, check the Canada Customs website.

When driving in Ontario U.S. travelers need to be aware that posted speed limits are in kilometers per hour. Here is an approximate conversion chart of commonly posted speed limits:

km/hr m.p.h.
50 30
80 50
90 55
100 60

HOME | The Property | Rooms & Amenities | Rates & Policies | Request Reservation
The Suburban Experience/About Us | Information for Travellers

website development by hypertext digital publishing
© 2010 Stratford Suburban Motel